Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Captain America The Winter Soldier...some more love

While I wait impatiently for the blu ray release of Captain America The Winter Soldier, some kind foreign soul posted the bugnuts insane highway fight between Cap and the Winter Soldier on the Youtubes.

My adrenalin starts pumping watching this amazing fight. It's to Steve Rogers' adaptability,  he quickly avoids being slashed by the seemingly Soviet cyborg bad ass. This is such a great fight. In a little over 90 seconds, we see a lot of experience and viciousness from both men. I could watch 5 minutes of these two trading blows. Each getting the upper hand before Cap ultimately triumphs (because, he has to. And, too, for Cap to get the wind knocked out of him a second time with that reveal.)

Chris and Sebastian are terrific, as are their stunt guy stand ins.

I said this below, but Chris and Sebastian are a huge reason why I saw this 14x theatrically. Besides the fact that CATWS is a brilliantly scripted, acted and plotted story, the heart and power these two actors bring to their roles is just jaw dropping.

Dang, it is going to be a long 13 day wait. But seeing this clip on YouTube reminds me why I went so absolutely fan woman on this film. It takes the stellar source materials and does something even better with. Yes, there is still too little WS for my taste.

But ...Wow. Watching this scene on a loop, I remember why I am fan.

I truly hope Cap 3 will mix in other Marvel characters as fluidly as CATWS does. And I hope it won't be too many (Falcon and Natasha were plenty good and just enough.)  This is Steve and Bucky's story and I hope we get to see a lot more of Sebastian Stan because he's just fantastic as Buck in any incarnation.


No comments: