Thursday, August 28, 2014

Movies

Argh! All this CATWS promo talk from the Russos is making me wish it was already this time next year. They are teasing bits from Cap 3 and I am giddy.   Presuming I will remain in one piece after seeing Mad Max Fury Road (hopefully in MeMAX, uh, yeah right, IMAX.)

What about Avengers Age of Ultron and Ant-Man? I will probably see A:AoU at cheapie price in the morning and Ant-Man? I'll skip it unless there is a Bucky Barnes-related post credit scene. I'm perfectly fine with skipping Marvel Cinematic Universe films if I have no desire/reason to see said film.

In the Bang Head Here department,  I find out IFCcenter (who are showing a Midnight run of Escape From New York in September which I cannot attend) is screening The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears. Awesome sauce. Then I check the screening time? Not awesome sauce.

I can be consoled by the hope of a quick release to Video on Demand.  

And also in past Bang Head Here, I just missed seeing If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death on the big screen. Gods, I love Gianni Garko as the mysterious and fun gambler Sartana (I even helped a former pal in spaghetti western circles with a Sartana website.)  If You Meet... was a part of a Klaus Kinski fest. This makes me think, Why they did not show the excellent And God Said to Cain since Klaus headlined that one?

But when I bang my head (and not just extreme metal y'know) just teaches me to be a little bit more proactive with the revival film houses here.

LOL at the Underworld reboot. Why? The series ran it's course once they ditched Lucian. I still heart that scene in the original where he bites Michael and subsequently opens up a  can of Lycan woof-ass on the car roof and Selene's shoulder... but I always change the channel after that scene.

This weekend, I might watch Ragnarok. I am game for a fun Norwegian take on Indy (no Nazis necessary.)







No comments: